OverviewDaniel Zegura is a partner in the firm of Rogers & Hardin LLP practicing in the areas of computer law, intellectual property, business litigation, and employment law. Mr. Zegura represents major computer software and technology firms in a variety of litigation and technology matters including copyright, trademark, trade secret, licensing, ERP implementation and software disputes. Mr. Zegura’s practice also emphasizes cases involving unfair competition, restrictive covenants, business torts, contests for corporate control, class actions and derivative action defense in addition to technology-related litigation. In the employment arena, Mr. Zegura primarily represents companies and management regarding employment issues, employment testing and selection procedures, client counseling and education, as well as litigation. Mr. Zegura frequently speaks on topics pertaining to intellectual property, data and computer security, employment law, and litigation practice and procedure.
- Lead trial counsel defending a major ERP software vendor against a $68,000,000+ customer claim related to an alleged failed ERP implementation. Obtained dismissal of all customer claims on summary judgment with the dismissals upheld in all respects on appeal.
- Lead trial counsel obtaining a seven-figure award on behalf of a technology client in the travel industry after merits arbitration hearing.
- Lead trial counsel defending a technology client in the travel industry against seven-figure arbitration demand. Obtained an award in client’s favor after merits arbitration hearing.
- Lead trial counsel defending a major securities brokerage firm against seven-figure discrimination and wrongful termination claim by a former broker employee. Obtained award in client’s favor after merits arbitration hearing.
- Successfully obtained dismissal on summary judgment of claims over 1,800 separate individual plaintiffs against a major airline carrier for alleged fraud and breach of contract related to flight attendant seniority. The dismissals were then affirmed on appeal in all respects.
- Successfully defended officers and directors in a double and triple derivative action raising novel issues regarding corporate realignment, the power to control direction of corporate claims and the standards for approval of derivative action settlements. The favorable trial court disposition was affirmed on appeal in all respects.
- Successfully prosecuted claims for a technology company seeking to prevent wrongful termination of a client contract thereby preserving for our client a seven-figure annual income stream.
- Successfully obtained dismissal of claims against a major EPR software vendor based on novel interplay of choice of law and venue provisions in multiple agreements. Dismissals were then affirmed on appeal.
- Successfully presented infringement and license compliance claims against business software customer based on non-compliant use of ERP software. Matter settled while motions for summary judgments pending.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a major domestic airline defending sexual harassment claims raising novel evidentiary and legal issues about the timing and severity of independent or separate acts of alleged harassment. The dismissal was affirmed in all respects on appeal.
Professional & Community Activities
- State Bar of Georgia, Technology Law Section
- American Bar Association, Section of Intellectual Property Law
- Atlanta Bar Association, Intellectual Property Section
- Missouri State Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- American Employment Law Council
- Board of Directors, Smoke Rise Golf and Country Club
- Regional Scholarship Committee, Washington University in St. Louis
- Listed in Super Lawyers – Intellectual Property Litigation; Employment & Labor; Information Technology/Outsourcing
- Listed in Georgia's Legal Leaders as a Top Rated Lawyer