Gardner Culpepper specializes in complex commercial litigation. He handles trade secret, business tort, product liability, fiduciary duty, false advertising, restrictive covenant and high-value contract disputes. He is also part of the firm's corporate recovery team, pursuing, among other things, claims under buy side representation and warranty policies. Gardner previously served as national lead counsel for one of the country’s largest manufacturers of wood and paper products, successfully defending against multiple putative class actions that asserted consumer fraud, unfair trade practice, breach of warranty and product liability claims. His engagements routinely place him in state and federal court as well as before arbitration panels (including before the International Chamber of Commerce).
Gardner has been frequently recognized as one of Georgia's top commercial litigators and class action lawyers in third-party publications such as Benchmark Litigation, The Best Lawyers in America® and Super Lawyers. Gardner is also a Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Top Rated Lawyer. In 2009, he was identified by Atlanta's Daily Report as one of the top 12 lawyers under 40 in Atlanta. He also regularly speaks at Georgia CLE's on ethical and professionalism issues.
Speeches & Presentations
- "Representation and Warranty Policies - Trends and Claims," Georgia CLE Presentation, February 2019
- "Lincoln on Professionalism, " Moderator of Georgia Professionalism CLE with panel of Federal District Court Judges, March 2017
- "Professionalism Challenges," Moderator of CLE presentation for the Atlanta Bar Association, December 2016
- "Ethics for In-House Counsel: Negotiations," Georgia CLE presentation to the Georgia Chapter of the Association of Corporate Counsel, March 2016
- "Ethics for In-House Counsel: Ethics in Transactional Matters," Georgia CLE presentation to the Georgia Chapter of the Association of Corporate Counsel, March 2014
- “The Law(s) of Privilege: Trends, Choices and Context for In-House Counsel,” Georgia CLE presentation, 2012