Gardner Culpepper specializes in complex commercial litigation, with a recent focus on the pursuit of claims against insurance companies under buy side representation and warranty policies. He also handles trade secret, business tort, product liability, fiduciary duty, false advertising, restrictive covenant and high-value contract disputes. Gardner previously served as national lead counsel for one of the country’s largest manufacturers of wood and paper products, successfully defending against multiple putative class actions that asserted consumer fraud, unfair trade practice, breach of warranty and product liability claims. His engagements routinely place him in state and federal court as well as before arbitration panels (including before the International Chamber of Commerce).
Gardner has been frequently recognized as one of Georgia's top commercial litigators and class action lawyers in third-party publications such as Benchmark Litigation, The Best Lawyers in America® and Super Lawyers. Gardner is also a Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Top Rated Lawyer. In 2009, he was identified by Atlanta's Daily Report as one of the top 12 lawyers under 40 in Atlanta. He also regularly speaks at Georgia CLE's on ethical and professionalism issues.
Speeches & Presentations
- “The Law(s) of Privilege: Trends, Choices and Context for In-House Counsel,” Georgia CLE presentation 2012
- "Ethics for In-House Counsel: Ethics in Transactional Matters," March 2014, Georgia CLE presentation to the Georgia Chapter of the Association of Corporate Counsel
- "Ethics for In-House Counsel: Negotiations," March 2016, Georgia CLE presentation to the Georgia Chapter of the Association of Corporate Counsel
- "Professionalism Challenges," Moderator of December 2016 CLE presentation for the Atlanta Bar Association
- "Lincoln on Professionalism, " Moderator of March 2017 Georgia Professionalism CLE with panel of Federal District Court Judges