Rogers & Hardin Partner Jeff Willis and Clark Schweers, BDO Consulting Insurance Claims Services Practice Leader, presented a webinar program on the Deepwater Horizon Settlement Fund on April 9, 2014. The program was presented as part of BDO USA, LLP's BDO Knowledge program and was geared to help senior financial and legal managers and board members stay on top of hot topics and developments.
The program was developed specifically for those organizations that may be eligible to file claims with the Deepwater Horizon Settlement Fund for losses incurred as a result of the 2010 Gulf oil spill. It provided insight on the settlement process to help organizations assess the potential benefits of filing a claim. Mr. Willis and Mr. Schweer reviewed:
- The benefits associated with filing a claim related to the 2010 Gulf oil spill
- Legal measures that provide organizations with confidentiality safeguards
- Key areas that can impact claim value determinations
- Frequently overlooked, yet lucrative claim types, such as Modified V and Decline Only claims
- Legal developments affecting the claims process and corresponding deadlines.