Rogers & Hardin partners John J. Almond and Joshua P. Gunnemann presented a session at the National Business Institute's CLE seminar on partnership and shareholder disputes. The seminar, titled "Partnership and Shareholder Disputes from Start to Finish," was held on Tuesday, June 9th, at the Cobb Galleria.
Mr. Almond and Mr. Gunnemann will lead the session titled "Tools for Plaintiffs and Defendants in Shareholder/Membership/Partnership Disputes." Topics to be discussed include:
- Using Injunctions to Quickly Protect Your Client
- Determining Reasonable Expectation in Shareholder Actions
- Issuing Subpoenas under Rule 30(b)(6)
- Outlining "Reasonable Particularity" for Subpoenaed Witnesses
- Using Protective Orders to Withhold Discovery
- Procedures for Bringing a Derivative Action
- Working With (and Against) Expert Witnesses, Including Forensic Accountants and Valuation Experts
- Does the Business Judgment Rule Apply to Your Case?