The law governing trade secrets and proprietary information, especially in Georgia, is extremely fact-intensive. Counseling clients about these issues requires not only industry knowledge and legal experience, but also a healthy dose of imagination and creativity. Our extensive and practical experience can help maximize results and minimize potential exposure.
And when litigation occurs, we use the same direct approach to maximize results. We listen to our clients to obtain an understanding of their needs and concerns and address those considerations head on to achieve the best possible result. Because emotions sometimes run high in this area of litigation, our attorneys are skilled at providing an objective analysis of the legal issues and a direct, no-nonsense approach to the protection of our clients’ interests.
We are well-positioned to respond quickly and in a straightforward manner to any legal issue that our clients face. We are poised for decisive action, but always with an ear toward the client’s ultimate objectives. In undertaking any engagement, we perform a thorough analysis of the facts to ensure that our clients can assess potential liability and optimize their chances for success.
Our work in this area includes:
- Enforcing and defending against restrictive covenants, including noncompetition, nonsolicitation, and nondisclosure covenants.
- Enforcing and defending against rights and claims involving trade secrets and proprietary information.
- Drafting employment contracts, policies, and handbooks.
- Extensive trial and appellate experience litigating cutting-edge issues in this ever-changing area of law.
- Counseling employers, officers, and employees with respect to all aspects of the employment relationship.